Do I need to have an ID?
- Yes! We card everyone!
What are your tasting room hours?
- Our current hours are Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays from noon – 6:00 PM and Saturdays from noon – 8:00 PM at our Outdoor Tasting area. The last wine tasting is 30 minutes before we close i.e., 5:30 PM if we close at 6:00 PM and 7:30 PM if we close at 8:00 PM. Hours are subject to change due to special events. Please check our Calendar of Events for the most up to date hours.
How much does it cost for a wine tasting?
- Wine tastings are $10.00 per person on Wednesdays – Sundays; Please check our Calendar of Events for special events.
How do the wine tastings work?
- You will choose 5 wines to try from our available list during your tasting. At the end of your tasting, you may purchase wine by the glass or by the bottle. If someone in your party has mobility issues or trouble standing for any length of time, we can arrange for a chair or table tasting.
I’d like to tour the vineyard and Tuscan Events Building. Can I schedule a tour?
- Public vineyard tours are scheduled at various times throughout the year. Please check our Calendar of Events or send us an email at email@example.com for the next scheduled time.
- If you’d like to schedule a tour of the Tuscan Events Building for a potential wedding, party or corporate rental, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Serious inquiries only. Tours are scheduled by appointment only.
Can I keep the wine glass?
- Please feel free to use our wine glasses while you’re visiting with us and enjoying our wines. If you’d like to take one home, you may purchase the glass for $2. Otherwise, please return the glasses to the bar when you are ready to leave.
Am I allowed to bring wine or beer from home?
- By Maryland state law, no outside alcohol is permitted on Vineyard property. Any outside alcohol will be confiscated if not removed.
Can I bring my dog?
- Pets are not allowed inside the Tuscan Villa. There is seating on the Portico of our Tuscan Villa where you may bring a pet but note that while it is covered, it is not a heated area.
- During our Outdoor Tasting area season, you may bring your pets with you to the vineyard as long as they are on a leash. Please help to keep our vineyard clean and safe for all visitors by disposing of any pet “deposits” in one of our trash receptacles. Dog bowls and water are available upon request.
Can I bring my children?
- Yes, children are welcome in the vineyard. We do ask that they are supervised so as not to disturb other guests. Please do not let children play in the flower beds, vines, on walkways, stairs or railings.
Do you have food available?
- We do not have a restaurant on site at the Vineyard. During our Outdoor season, we have Pizza di Vigna wood fired pizza vendor available most weekends as well as additional food trucks on special days. You are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy during your visit.
Do you do weddings? How much do they cost?
- For rental information or if you’d like to schedule a tour for a potential wedding or corporate event, please send an email to email@example.com Serious inquiries only. Tours are by appointment only.
Can I smoke in the vineyard?
- During our outdoor season, you may smoke in the vineyard with the exception of under the covered beer and wine Tasting Pavilions. We do ask that you are respectful of those around you who may be sensitive to smoke and please dispose of cigarettes and cigars in trash receptacles and not on the lawn or in the parking lot. Cigarette receptacles are located in the parking lot and on the second level of the Outdoor Tasting Room area. Smoking and vaping are not allowed inside the Tuscan Villa.
Where am I allowed to have a picnic?
- During our outdoor season, we have seating for almost 500 people including picnic tables in a wooded area, tables with umbrellas located between our wine Tasting Pavilion and Beer Garden, and limited high top seating under the wine and beer pavilions. You are welcome to bring in folding tables, lawn chairs and blankets if you require additional space. We can accommodate up to 250 people inside our Tuscan Events Building.
Can I have a birthday party/baby shower/bridal shower there? What does it cost?
- We have different options to accommodate your party, either in the vineyard during our outdoor season or at the Tuscan Villa. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do I need to make reservations?
- In general, reservations are not required. Advanced notice is required for groups of 30 or more people. If you have a group of over 30, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Do you give discounts?
- We do! We offer a 10% case discount on our wines (12 bottles or more), 10% discounts to school system employees during our Teacher Appreciation Days in June, 10% Military discounts on most major Federal holidays and a 20% discount to members of our VIP Wine Club.
Do you sell gift certificates?
- We offer gift certificates in varying amounts to suit your needs. If you are interested in making a purchase, please contact our office at 410-414-8486 or submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your VIP Wine Club? How do I become a member?
- If you think you’re going to visit with us more than 4 times in a year, you may want to consider being a member of our VIP Wine Club. It is a great way to enjoy the best of the vineyard, save money on your favorite wines and enjoy exclusive VIP events and benefits. Our VIP members receive the following:
- Free wine tasting/admission fee for you and up to three guests every time you visit (up to a $40 value).
- A 20% discount on all wine purchased by the bottle or case at the vineyard (excludes wedding wine).
- Advance and discounted ticket sales on select Running Hare Vineyard sponsored events.
- Reserved seating for you and your guests at select Running Hare Vineyard sponsored events.
- Invitations to exclusive VIP members’ only events.
- Receive a semi-annual wine club selection (Spring & Fall) of 6 bottles of wine selected by the winemaker at a 20% discount. Can be shipped or picked up at our special VIP members’ only “Pick Up Party” event in our Tuscan Events Building.
- For more information about the VIP Wine Club, please send an email to Rochelle at email@example.com.
I have a Groupon/LivingSocial voucher. Do I need to make a reservation?
- You do not need to make a reservation with your voucher. You may redeem it anytime that we are open for regular tastings and our Live Music weekends except during special events i.e. ticketed concert events, Mother’s Day, Spring Festival, Oktoberfest, etc. Vouchers must be purchased at least a day before your visit. We cannot honor vouchers purchased on the same day.
My Groupon/LivingSocial voucher is expired. Can I still use it?
- You may use your expired voucher but only for the paid value, similar to a gift certificate/cash. You must use the entire amount in one visit.
What hotels/restaurants are nearby?
- There are two major hotels nearby (Springhill Suites, Holiday Inn Express) as well as some great little bed & breakfasts. There are plenty of restaurants from local favorites to chains to choose from in Prince Frederick or you can travel a little further south to Solomons Island for fresh local seafood delicacies.
Do you sell your wine in stores?
- Our wine is currently available in a few select stores and restaurants within Maryland. A complete list is coming soon.
Do you ship your wines?
- Running Hare wines are available for purchase online for shipping within the state of Maryland via PayPal. Unfortunately, individual state laws prevent us from being able to ship to every state. For additional states to which we can ship, please refer to our shop on http://www.vinoshipper.com.
Can you donate wine to my charity?
- We cannot donate wine to your charity but we do have a donation option that may suit your needs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.