Do I need to have an ID?
- Yes! We card everyone!
What are your tasting room hours?
- Our current hours are Fridays & Saturdays from noon – 8:00 pm and Sundays from noon – 6:00 pm in our Outdoor Tasting area. We will move inside our Tuscan Events Building for tastings on Friday, November 24th.
How much does it cost for a wine tasting?
- Wine tastings are $7.00 per person on Fridays; Admission fee is $10.00 on Saturdays & Sundays and includes a Running Hare Vineyard wine tasting and live music (as of July 15, 2017).
How do the wine tastings work?
- You will try all of the wines we have available for purchase. At the end of your tasting, you may purchase wine by the glass or by the bottle. If someone in your party has mobility issues or trouble standing for any length of time, we can arrange for a chair or table tasting.
I’d like to tour the vineyard and Tuscan Events Building. Can I schedule a tour?
- We do not give formal tours of the vineyard but you are welcome to walk around our grounds when we are open for tastings. If you’d like to schedule a tour of the Tuscan Events Building for a potential wedding, party or corporate rental, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org Serious inquiries only. Tours are scheduled by appointment only.
Can I keep the glass?
- Please feel free to use our glasses while you’re visiting with us and enjoying our wines. If you’d like to take one home, you may purchase the glass for $2. Otherwise, please return the glasses to the bar when you are ready to leave.
Am I allowed to bring wine or beer from home?
- By state law, no outside alcohol is permitted in the vineyard. Any outside alcohol will be confiscated if not removed.
Can I bring my dog?
- During our Outdoor Tasting area season, you may bring your dog with you to the vineyard as long as it is on a leash. Please help to keep our vineyard clean and safe for all visitors by disposing of any “deposits” in one of our trash receptacles. Dog bowls and water are available upon request. Pets are not allowed inside the Tuscan villa.
Can I bring my children?
- Yes, children are welcome in the vineyard. We do ask that they are supervised so as not to disturb other guests. Please do not let children play in the vines, on walkways, stairs or railings.
Do you have food available?
- We sometimes have food trucks on site on the weekend where you can purchase food. You are welcome to bring a picnic lunch to enjoy during your visit.
I don’t drink wine/beer. Do I have to pay the admission fee if I just want to listen to the live music?
- Your admissions fee helps us to cover the cost of having your favorite musician here as well as maintaining the beautiful vineyards. Just think of it as a really inexpensive concert ticket.
Do you do weddings? How much do they cost?
- For rental information or if you’d like to schedule a tour for a potential wedding or corporate event, please send an email to email@example.com Serious inquiries only. Tours are by appointment only.
Can I smoke in the vineyard?
- During our outside season, you may smoke in the vineyard with the exception of under the covered Tasting Pavilions. We do ask that you are respectful of those around you who may be sensitive to smoke and please dispose of cigarettes and cigars in trash receptacles and not on the lawn or parking lot. Ashtrays are available upon request. Smoking is not allowed inside the Tuscan Events Building.
Where am I allowed to have a picnic?
- We have seating for almost 400 people including picnic tables in a wooded area, tables with umbrellas located between our wine Tasting Pavilion and Beer Garden, and tables under the wine Tasting Pavilion. You are welcome to bring in folding tables, lawn chairs and blankets if you require additional space.
Can I have a birthday party/baby shower/bridal shower there? What does it cost?
- We have different options to accommodate your party, either in the vineyard during normal tasting room hours or at the Tuscan Events Building. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Do I need to make reservations?
- In general, reservations are not required. Advanced notice is required for groups of 30 or more people. If you have a group of over 30, please contact us at email@example.com to make arrangements.
Do you give discounts?
- We do! We offer a 10% case discount on our wines (12 bottles or more), 10% discounts to school system employees during our Teacher Appreciation Days in June, 10% Military discounts on most major Federal holidays and a 20% discount to members of our VIP Wine Club.
Do you sell gift certificates?
- We offer gift certificates in varying amounts to suit your needs. If you are interested in making a purchase, please contact our office at 410-414-8486 or submit an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is your VIP Wine Club? How do I become a member?
- If you think you’re going to visit with us more than 4 times in a year, you may want to consider being a member of our VIP Wine Club. It is a great way to enjoy the best of the vineyard, save money on your favorite wines and enjoy exclusive VIP events and benefits. Our VIP members receive the following:
- Free wine tasting/admission fee for you and up to three guests every time you visit (up to a $40 value).
- A 20% discount on all wine purchased by the bottle or case at the vineyard (excludes wedding wine).
- Advance and discounted ticket sales on select Running Hare Vineyard sponsored events.
- Reserved seating for you and your guests at select Running Hare Vineyard sponsored events.
- Invitations to exclusive VIP members’ only events.
- Receive a semi-annual wine club selection (Spring & Fall) of 6 bottles of wine selected by the winemaker at a 20% discount. Can be shipped or picked up at our special VIP members’ only “Pick Up Party” event in our Tuscan Events Building.
- For more information about the VIP Wine Club, please send an email to email@example.com
I have a Groupon/LivingSocial voucher. Do I need to make a reservation?
- You do not need to make a reservation with your voucher. You may redeem it anytime that we are open for regular tastings and our Live Music weekends except during special events i.e. ticketed concerts, Mother’s Day, Spring Festival, Oktoberfest, etc. Vouchers must be purchased at least a day before your visit. We cannot honor vouchers purchased on the same day.
My Groupon/LivingSocial voucher is expired. Can I still use it?
- You may use your expired voucher but only for the paid value, similar to a gift certificate/cash. You must use the entire amount in one visit.
What hotels/restaurants are nearby?
- There are two major hotels nearby (Springhill Suites, Holiday Inn Express) as well as some great little bed & breakfasts. There are plenty of restaurants from local favorites to chains to choose from in Prince Frederick or you can travel a little further south to Solomons Island for fresh local seafood delicacies.
Do you sell your wine in stores?
- Our wine is currently available in a few select stores and restaurants within Maryland.
Do you ship your wines?
- Running Hare wines are available for purchase online for shipping within the state of Maryland. Unfortunately, individual state laws prevent us from being able to ship to every state. For additional states to which we can ship, please refer to our shop on http://www.vinoshipper.com.
Can you donate wine to my charity?
- We cannot donate wine to your charity but we do have a donation option that may suit your needs. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your inquiry.